Sunday, November 1, 2020

“Such is the irresistible nature of truth that all it asks and all it seeks is the liberty of appearing.” - Thomas Paine

 “The Human Condition: A User’s Manual,” by Arnold Kunst 

1 November 

“I remember visiting the ocean as a kid and thinking, "How soon before we arrive do they turn it on?" And, "how soon after we leave do they turn it off?" And then, "wait a minute: who, exactly, are 'they'?" 

As I got older I learned about the laws of gravity, and the tug of the moon, and all that, but those questions persisted stubbornly. And now I think, "Maybe we can't really get at the core of those kinds of questions. Maybe all we can hope to do is tinker around the edges of our questions." 

Conclusion? I’ll just go to the sea shore and let the in-and-out of all that rolling gravitational force cleanse my soul...” – Arnold Kunst


No comments:

Post a Comment