Saturday, January 5, 2019

“It is a happy talent to know how to play.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

From “The Human Condition: A User’s Manual,” by Arnold Kunst
2 January
Little Johnny Stories I:
When my son Johnny was six months old I bought him a toy called Klack ‘n Klatter for his first Christmas. It was a triangular shaped little car in beautiful primary colors. I was a new daddy and proud of my $10 Christmas gift.

He, of course, had no idea what “Christmas gift” meant, so naturally he didn’t know what to do with it. I remember thinking at the time, ‘little kids, even ones as brilliant as MY son, need to learn everything, even what to do with a Christmas present.” So we unwrapped it for him. And when he took the car out of the box he proceeded to play with – the box!?

No comments:

Post a Comment