Tuesday, May 17, 2022

“It’s time for us to turn to each other, not on each other.” – Jesse Jackson

From “Me, Too 365,” by Arnold Kunst

17 May

“You can learn a lot from a porch light.

“Email to my children: ‘The other night we are getting ready for bed; I notice, at 10:30, that the porch light is on. So I tell your mother, “I know why you’re guaranteed to go to heaven.” She’s on her way to check the patio door to see if Zephyr our cat is in the back, but my statement stopped her in her tracks, and I explain it to her. “You had the porch light on for Zephyr; you were showing love and compassion for the only one of the creatures in your immediate orbit who, at this particular time, might need the love you have to offer. You do that like water goes downhill. And when you come to die God must recognize that you are doing what He does all the time, and so you’re guaranteed to make it - He’ll take you home because, clearly, it’s where you belong.” When I was finished she wanted a cuddle, the same cuddle I wanted to give her.

‘I’m telling you this to remind you, yet again, that your mother is an unparalleled treasure.’” – A husband smart enough to come in from the cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment