Thursday, November 18, 2021

“If you aren’t going all the way, why go at all?” – Joe Namath

“The Human Condition: A User’s Manual,” by Arnold Kunst

18 November

“Life often presents a fairly simple choice: do I want to cling to the security of what was once appropriate, or do I want to be abundantly wealthy? Think about it - clinging fiercely to antiquated appropriateness, to apparently validated self-pity, may seem oh, so seductive, but it comes at far too high a price. Instead, surely I am meant to adjust to the changes life offers like a sailor who trims his sails to fit into his purpose any moment's turn in the weather – and like that sailor, I must refuse to abdicate my sovereignty by letting some ad-hoc commotion in the elements dictate my destination.” Arnold Kunst


No comments:

Post a Comment