Friday, November 1, 2019

“Such is the irresistible nature of truth that all it asks and all it seeks is the liberty of appearing.” - Thomas Paine

“The Human Condition: A User’s Manual,” by Arnold Kunst
1 November

“I remember visiting the ocean as a kid and thinking, "How soon before we arrive do they turn it on?" And, "how soon after we leave do they turn it off?" And then, "wait a minute: who, exactly, are 'they'?"
As I got older those questions persisted, but somehow didn't get answered when I learned about the laws of gravity, and the tug of the moon, and all that.
And now I think, "Maybe we don't really answer our own questions - maybe all we can hope to do is tinker around the edges of our questions."
So I think I'll just go to the sea shore and let the in-and-out of all that rolling gravitational force cleanse my soul...” – Arnold Kunst

No comments:

Post a Comment