Thursday, August 8, 2019

“God is found not in the wind, nor in the earthquake, nor in the fire, but in a still, small voice.” – The Bible

From “The Human Condition: A User’s Manual,” by Arnold Kunst
8 August

So often in the Bible the Lord seems to be saying, "I am the way I am, not the way you think I am. I DON’T fit in your pocket; please, adjust your thinking/actions accordingly." But He says it HIS way, not like some Adolf Hitler Will-to-Power nut-case demanding my capitulation; no, more like a still, small voice yearning for my compliance. I can drown out that still small voice of the Lord as easily as I can bounce bone china off concrete. [So also, I can devote 50 times as much quality time to my career as I do to my family, and even justify it.] But what doth it profit me if I gain the whole world and fail to hear/heed that still, small voice?

No comments:

Post a Comment