Sunday, February 18, 2018

“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.” – Albert Einstein

From “Lincoln 365,” by Arnold Kunst
February 18
'I never went to school more than six months in my life, but I remember how, when a mere child, I used to get irritated when anybody talked to me in a way I could not understand...  I can remember going to my little bedroom, after hearing the neighbors talk of an evening with my father, trying to make out what was the exact meaning of their, to me, dark sayings. I could not sleep, although I tried to, when I got on such a hunt for an idea until I had caught it; and when I thought I had got it, I was not satisfied until I had put it in language plain enough, as I thought, for any boy I knew to comprehend. This was a kind of passion with me, and it has stuck by me; for I am never easy now, when I am handling a thought, till I have bounded it north and bounded it south, and bounded it east and bounded it west.'
- Abraham Lincoln

'Everything is beautiful in its own way.'
- Ray Stevens






No comments:

Post a Comment